PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 07:16
spacemantan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That statement is no longer on their website, and that unfortunately, is holding me up right now. Last year the PSA said I met the minimum educational requirements. This year DFR are questioning whether or not I do, as policy "may have changed". Why has it changed? They have the same amount of candidates applying, but less positions to fill.
Fair enough question, and i'll be honest... my knowledge on the inner workings of DFR is not total. As to why they have changed the minimum requirements.. I cannot answer that. It may be because, as you've stated, they're trying to lower input from their end. But from my knowledge of DFR, the medical/fitness/aptitude requirements are determined by the relevant Personnel agencies of the ADF. Ultimately means DFR have no say... They just provide the means for testing/recruiting.

I suppose it is a little nitpicky of me to point that out.

From my experience though, There are just as many pilot candidates going through the system as there ever have been, but the output has been lowered somewhat.

I agree with some of what you've said, but not all of it. However, I concede that you know more about it than I do.
Please don't mistake my posts as an attack on you or your knowledge.... I will readily admit that I don't have all the answers or knowledge on how DFR/PSA/ADF work things out. All I do know is that it is a big issue within the ADF pilot community... And my knowledge stems from that... I'm just trying to help