PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva and China Airline
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 05:48
flyinryan76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In all seriousness, thank you for the information you posted earlier.

Having said that...

Yes, I have been to Taiwan many times. My WIFE is Taiwanese and part of our family currently lives there. Personally, I love it there and would much prefer it to any place in Canada or Europe any day! I also speak Chinese, granted its not fluent, but it sure makes a big difference.

I fully realize what I'm giving up by LIVING in Taiwan and not the U.S. I think the problem is that you are expecting to live the same life in Taiwan as what you had in the U.S. (or wherever it is you are from). It is a different country, different language, different people. You have to adjust yourself and get out and enjoy the culture there. This, I believe, is a big part of the reason many foreigners have left EVA/CAL. Yes, I agree that pay and work life have a lot to do with it as well but I don't believe that is the whole story. You see too many people writing on here about how they lose two days commuting back home, and how they are stuck in some hotel/dorm room in Taiwan doing nothing on their layovers. I don't care what country you live in, you will hate any place when you try to live like that!!!

Of course by living there I will have much more time at home with my wife and kids. My taxes will also be greatly reduced from the example you provided since I will be living there. I have my family and friends in Taiwan so I will still be "at home."

***dabssa... thanks for all the information as well. Any help or advice you could provide me with would be greatly appreciated.

*** Is there anyone else on here who has applied and either received a response back from CAL or gone to an interview recently?