PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva and China Airline
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 03:09
dabssa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With EVA, the only way you can be flying a heavy out of Vancouver is if you get the 747. There are no outport bases anymore as far as I know. Then once a month you could bid for a YVR trip, most of the time you will get it. You start and end all your trips in TPE. Commuting to YVR I imagine is easy, block days off + 2 days annual leave per month you will have perhaps 8 days off at home (you lose some days commuting). And if you get that one TPE-YVR trip every month maybe stretch your home days to 10.

If you get MD11 that's a totally different beast, 330 regional flying with occasional Vienna or Brisbane, 777 the best and most stable roster of all but mainly reserved for Taiwanese. Overall take a look at your current experience, age, where you wanna be in 10 years and make your decision. It's not the best or the worst job out there, and as long as you keep a good healthy attitude, view it as temp job of a few years you will do fine. Oh, and get yourself a gf here, enjoy the nights out in Taipei. Basically what I'm saying is, enjoy your time no matter where you are. Leave your room, get a metro card, taxi discount card, local cellphone and have fun.