PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Text by SKYPE
Thread: Text by SKYPE
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 23:59
ExSp33db1rd

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
I prefer texting, I don't know what it is but I just hate phoning people all the time.
It also gives you time to ' consider your response ' and you don't have to make snap decisions, but it isn't my generation - but then that's Life !

HandAndy - should do, but it was a 'sent' confirmation that took 5 hours to arrive, hence my intial inquiry that the local NZ Telecom agency were playing Hard Ball, still could be, just don't know enough about the system.

Will stick to two half coconuts and a piece of string.

I'm almost of the era, but can still remember, visits to outposts of the British Raj when bellboys walked around hotel lobbys bearing cleft sticks with notes stuck in them, the only concession to progress being a bicycle bell attached to the stick ! and at home boys used bicycles to personally deliver telegrams ( often written in what we now call text, 'cos every character was charged ) to ones' home ! System worked tho. Have computers really improved the quality of life !!

Thanks for the replies, there's always someone, somewhere, who knows the answer.

ExS.