PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pentro Drilling Nigeria
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 23:06
bbratuse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scam!!

It's a scam. Out of curiosity I applied on that job ad. Few days later some guy called me from Nigeria posing as recruiter and asked me some stupid questions like what you can do to make management happy etc..Few hours later he have sent me e mail congratulating me on getting the job and attached a contract which looked too good to be real. Oh,in all previous correspondence and "interview" he never mentioned which acft should I fly,home base,routes,is it charter,private etc... I found out already on the net that this same contract (almost to the letter..there is a sample on Oil-Mine Nigeria Limited) has been offered in Nigerian job scams.So just to mess with the guy I asked him about acft type to be flown and validation of my FAA license and bellow is the answer and also details of the guy so no poor desperate soul (and lot's of those in today's aviation) falls for this and loses money...
Here is the mail:

Dear ...........,

The type of Aircraft we do operate on are Boeing 707, Boeing 737, Bell 212, Bell 412, Bell 440, Challenger 300 and Challenger 604 and the base Airport is Osubi Airstrip here in Warri. You can use the FAA licence for there is no problem with it.

Martin Oghenrume
HR Manager
Pentro Drilling Limited
Phone: +234 803 859 8938 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +234 803 859 8938 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
E-Mail: [email protected]

Cheers all