PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - frustration
Thread: frustration
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2002, 11:36
G SXTY

Supercharged PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That’s the spirit Ronchonner. You just keep taking the happy pills.

Pipergirl
There can’t be many of us who haven’t been in your situation at some stage. I’ve had to stop flying twice in the last year because of the missus being unemployed. It’s frustrating as hell (although not as bad as being unemployed), but you’ve just got to keep slogging away at it. A couple of thoughts, for what they’re worth:

(1) It could always be worse. There are plenty of people who will never get the chance to fly, either because of finances or medical problems. I consider myself privileged to be flying at all. (Off topic slightly, but it illustrates the point: I did a 60 mile charity bike ride yesterday. Half way through, with a very sore bum and feeling very sorry for myself, I passed a bloke on a mountain bike with a false leg. Stopped me moaning for a while, that did).

(2) Take it one step at a time. If you look at the blood sweat and tears required to get from zero hours to the right hand seat of an airliner, it can be daunting to the point of putting you off completely. Break the challenge down intro smaller, incremental chunks, and it starts to look less scary. I don’t know what stage you’re at, but taking the PPL as an example: aim for the exams, then 1st solo, then solo land-away, then the QXC, etc etc. You don’t climb Everest by running all the way to the top . . .

Good luck, and hang in there!