PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another sad day for EMS
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 21:43
Corax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When will they learn?! I mean RIP to the deceased but American HEMS folks just wont open their eyes. You want to go play in that kind of weather and in the dark, YOU NEED TWO DRIVERS!

Two pilots and two engines plus all those toys like NVG and radalt and wx radar. One pilot simply gets overwhelmed, you need two pilots plus all the toys.

One pilot, add a dying patient, night, poor wx, nvg, working an autopilot alone in low level environment, progamming an FMS, a colour wx radar, two vhf, a vhf-fm, pressure from the medical system, yeah, what could possibly go wrong America. Oh I know, add the possibility of a crappy nights sleep, a long crew duty day, money troubles, marriage problems, car problems, problems with kids. I'm sure a single pilot can handle all that. Oh wait a minute, THEY CANNOT.

It is my own opinion of course, but so long as American HEMS keeps flying single pilot and piling on those gadgets, they will keep killing people. Oh and one final shot across the bow, when the radar plot looks that way, stay the hell on the ground.

It will always be better to be on the ground wishing you were flying than to be flying wishing to god you were on the ground.