PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pentro Drilling Nigeria
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 21:33
Metro man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Taken from their website

Scam Alert

It has come to our notice that some individuals are contacting people via e-mail and or publications on the internet claiming to be recruitment agents of Geomech Engineering Limited and/or using the names of our employees in bogus, fictitious and imaginary transactions, to solicit for financial details, advance fees or other favours in exchange for which they purport to confer non-existent benefits (funds, employment, contracts etc) in Geomech Engineering Limited.

These e-mails/publications are usually sent from persons posing as the Company's attorney or claiming to occupy influential positions in the oil and gas industry. The sender of the mail usually would request that the target co-operates with them in order to benefit from a stated business transaction or get a job in Geomech Engineering Limited by sending unwanted junk emails to the victim.

We have also recently been informed that certain emails received by members of the public, and advertisements posted on some job web-sites, have promised job-seekers positions in the Geomech Engineering. These emails and web-sites promise that upon payment of a fee and the receipt of the recipients' curriculum vitae, the recipients are assured jobs within the Geomech Engineering imited. The contact addresses and phone numbers contained in such emails and posted on such web-sites are usually of a foreign country and such mail originate from a free mail domain such as yahoo and hotmail.

Geomech Engineering Limited disassociates itself from such mails/publications and hereby warns the general public that these are scams designed to defraud unsuspecting individuals / corporate organizations. You are strongly advised NOT to communicate or disclose any of your financial details or send any money to these individuals. You are also advised to report any such incident to the Police.

Geomech Engineering Limited shall not be responsible for any losses incurred by any person (s) as a result of such mails / publications

In the event that you receive any of the emails described above, we advise that you
contact the following for confirmation:

Pentro Drilling Limited
40 Airport Road,
Warri, Delta State,
Nigeria
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +234 468 729 13
I wouldn't pay any money or travel there at my own expense with the promise of reimbursement later on. More than one westerner has been kidnapped over there.

Quick Google shows the first four pages of results (as far as I went) as just job adverts and NOTHING else, not one news item. I think that answers your question.