PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 19:51
First.officer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bit harsh there i think shaun.....after all, i suspect although Kash has just signed on this may be more a short term thing while he can assess his next move maybe in the employment arena ?? i don't know of course but would rather give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.......and after all, with regard to the P2F rot, well that was set in stone long before Kash came along - he now, like many others has to deal with the consequences of the situation, and given his stated desire not to go down that route then i think that is commendable on its own.

As for advice, would love to advise you Kash but i'm not the best to give advice i'm afraid given that i'm a relative newbie to the industry myself (10 years in one form or another) - maybe securing an ops. job, cabin crew, dispatch and networking here for a few years to see if it bears any fruit ?? worked for me but to be fair times were certainly more buoyant a few years ago ! and of course they will be again, just a case of playing the waiting game. There does seem to be the first shoots out in the market regarding recruitment albeit for more experienced guys, have friends that are considering moves and am being told of opportunities that exist, whilst not much help to the new kid on the block, this usually means movement elsewhere and will hopefully lead to a return to recruitment at the lower end of the food chain, again i suspect that is some time off though.

Sorry i can't be much more help !

F/O