PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part 66 licensing for private aircraft owners?
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 18:36
CONSPICUITY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maintenance on your own aircraft

Hi
This is a bit of a minefield in order to maintain your own aircraft you will need a B1 and B2 licence to cover every aspect of its maintenance, Depending on the aircraft type and weight and its useage will depend on whether it is maintained by a Part 145 approved company where you will then have to obtain a type rating for that aircraft and the approved company will then issue you approvals to sign for any maintenance carried out this I cant see happening as you will not be employed by them.You could set up you own 145 company with all the costs and CAA approval required.If the aircraft is an Annex 2 aircraft you will still need a BCAR licence with type ratings that cover the aircraft systems ie Airframe/engines,electrics,radio comm and nav,inst,compases all will require an oral with the Caa in order to get the ratings .I hope this helps I am sure more knowledgeable people will clarify things better than I can perhaps a meeting with your local Caa surveyor will help.