PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva and China Airline
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 18:00
dabssa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, not harsh at all. The depressed one said ''Unless they finally ante up and actually pay market++ to compensate for the shortcomings. '' So he has a price he would be willing to suffer for.

1. Why do you care about my personal life? I may marry her, I may not, who is to say what the future will bring. There have been more then a few foreign pilots marrying Taiwanese girls. I'm happy, she's happy and that's all that matter. This has nothing to do with flying here, just improves my life immensly.

2. Looking for better opportunities elsewhere because of that well know grass story... I know command will probably never come here, money is on the low side when comparing other places, but still fine and acceptable for my personal situation. Sure, living in Taipei as a foreigner is challenging but I get on with my life and make the best of it.

I just choose not to be depressed, pissed off, angry, suicidal... I mean, the depressed ones story is like ABC movie of the week. A pathetic sob story. One man's (I use that term loosely) life shouldn't be a determining factor in taking a job or not.

But I'm just talking from my ass, this being pprune how could I actually have something positive or at least neutral to say?