PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Roster Predictions for 2010
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 16:59
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK Roster Predictions for 2010

Rosters, lifestyle and general happiness will further decline throughout this year and until about September 2011. I go on record with that prediction!

Training is maxed out this fiscal year (to April 2011) and that is only taking into account 'the historical' attrition rate for pilots. No doubt this assumption is blissful thinking on the company's part.

7 months ago I thought our lives at EK would be worse in 2010 and obviously that prediction is coming to fruition. If you thought 2009 was a nightmare, just wait for the next year and a half.

I mean really, roughly 300 pilot trainees in 2010 fiscal year (which is the tentative plan based on the most optimistic prediction of training capabilities), will not even come close to maintaining the operation. Not only that, but this company is being forced to accept a lower standard than what has been required in the past. (just heresay).

I would like to know what other pilots at EK think about the near and probable distant future of this airline with respect to our level of work, fatigue, T&C's.... because that little light at the end of the tunnel has disappeared for me.

Last edited by mensaboy; 3rd Apr 2010 at 02:52.