PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 13:33
QRCCREW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Joining QR

jetstreamhoney:

Hey i'm going to save you a lot of trouble, at present QR is hiring less than they can to handle current attrition- There are aproximately 10-15 people leaving cabin crew a WEEK (not to meantion other departments), and they hire about 30 people a week.

Accomodations do not have pools, except one or two of them, but there are about 60 bldgs. so the chances of getting in them are very slim as they normally go to seniors.

If you bid for London Gatwick or Heathrow, chances are you will get it every time hands down, as this is the worst flight to work. I havent experienced it but i hear its hell.

Most accomodations are with a gym, if im not mistaken, or there will be another bldg with one nearby that you can use.

Now, Taxis. You can use a private taxi, but normally its better to take Karwa Taxi, as its cheaper. All taxis are DIRT cheap in comparison to the UK. You may not be dropped off at the airport by a male driver if you are female, unless he is your husband or your father. No matter if he is a friend or not. Apparently there was a rumor regarding female cabin crew and men that caused this change in policy. However, id not not like to post that rumor on here.

If I were you, i would choose Emirates, as they are hiring right now and you would have a good chance at them if QR chose you. Most crew working at QR did not make the choice to come here as a first choice, Emirates was a lot of people's first choice.

I have been flying for a number of years back home and trust me, this is not a good choice of companies to work for. TAKE MY ADVICE, SAVE YOURSELF HEART ACHE, WAIT IT OUT AND TRY FOR EMIRATES. At current time, there has been no efforts from management to keep crew happy in QR and thus people are leaving at record numbers. Those who stay here are not here for the JOY OF FLYING, Most are here for the money, which makes for quite a fun time stuck in a metal tube with them. Emirates pays mostly the same, and they truely have better places to fly!!! But, even though you may not know me and you may not trust my opinion, take your own path in life, I didnt listen to this website before going to QR. It was definately the most interesting chapter in my life. Next time, ill listen, ill try Emirates.

Hope life leads you well!

Former Crew.