PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva and China Airline
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 12:45
dabssa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey waaaaytoodepressed

Why don't you go to Cathay? It's so easy giving advice on anonymous forums. Basically what you're saying is, if they paid you more all that relationship, possibly never having kids, missing your friends crap...... would actually be worth it? Good, every hooker has her price as well as every pilot. Just because you're depressed, suicidal, your relationship is in shambles, dislike your workplace, dislike Taiwan, doesn't mean everyone else is like you. Sure this place has shortcomings but overall (EVA) didn't layoff any pilots last year, the paycheck was on time and now that we're flying more the money is not too bad, yes it can and should be better. Expats are leaving all the time, apparently for better jobs. I'm looking for my ticket out but have not found it yet.

I have a TW girlfriend, seldom go back to my home country, my tax rate end of the year is 12%, don't have to pay tax in my home country, life here is cheap. It's definitely not expat like HK or SIN but having a local gf helps a lot.

I'm waiting for the day waaaaytoodepressed becomes a one line news in Taoyuan Bugle,"expat no name pilot commits suicide by stepping in front of a truck transporting pigs...''

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.