PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL/CPL Training: Ground School topics
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2002, 10:21
aultguish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Flare, arent you the happy one this morning.

Why take a dig at me? After selling my house and my car and scrounging money left right and centre, dont you think I know what the industry is like??
Just because I havent got licences and ratings coming out of my ear doesnt mean that I am a nobody.

Ok then, now that my heart has finished pounding and the veins in my neck have calmed down., I'll explain things a little clearer.

Firstly, I have no intention of heading off to Oz or anywhere as glamorous, I am fully aware of the job situations in those places.......why leave somewhere like the UK to go somewhere where my chances are nil also......give me some credit........the areas where I am going to chance my luck, are going to be these forgotten little places where even the guys with a few 1000hrs probably would not like to go (maybe some forgotten little country in the middle of deepest Africa), be it because of wages, family whatever...........is there something wrong with this, certainly in my previous careers it was considered an asset to put yourself out and chase positions and strive to better yourself. Rest assured, before I go anywhere, I will spend a long time researching the area, jobs, safety etc etc etc.

Secondly........."Less than adequate".........you where there once Flare!

I fully understand Flare, that when I get my CPL that it is not an opening to an automatic job, it may take me years to get that first position but I'll get it in the end, after all, all you guys out there with your thousands of hours got yours........one day I'll have my thousands of hours also. The one thing that I am not going to do however, is sit there and not try just because of low hours, every heli company in the uk is going to get my cv, I'm going to be turning up on doorsteps offering to wash helicopters and make tea, heck, I'll even shine the wings on the bosses jacket

I hope you dont take this as a personal dig Flare, I am just defending myself. I do take onboard the useful information that you have mentioned, not just in this thread but previous posts that you have left. I always listen and always will, to more experienced pilots but I also listen to less experienced pilots, we all have our own stories to tell.
The bulk of my information comes from two very experienced pilots who are out there plodding the North Sea......so far, their information has been spot on.

Thank you