PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The SCOundrels lose!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 05:41
Tinstaafl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I smiled when they won the summary judgement from Judge Kimball, frowned* a tiny bit when it was remanded back to court for a jury trial to decide fact, and smiled a lot when the jury decided the same as Kimball.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in the SCO camp's post-result discussions. Serves them right after seven years of one trumped up claim after another. Now for the SCO vs IBM case, SCO vs Novell Swiss arbitration, SCO vs Red Hat and finally, SCO Ch11 bankruptcy conversion to Ch7 (just a prediction, the Ch7 thing).

I find it strange that a company can enter Ch11 protection with enough money to pay all its creditors and then after several years of protection have insufficient funds to pay much of anything to anyone - even protected funds that belong to someone else. I sometimes toy with the idea of buying a single share in SCO when the the price falls to 1c / share. Just so I can have a certificate where the paper is worth more than what it represents.

*Only a tiny frown. The appellate court's decision stated that because the lower court's decision hinged around a question of fact, and not a question of law, summary judgment wasn't appropriate. Then they said that Novel's case had a lot going for it. Ooh! Wait! That wouldn't be a clue for SCO, would it?