PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways (in OZ) Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 03:54
nasher_10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up FYI

Hi people,
For those wanting to work for Tiger Airways ill give you the run down, It is a "low cost Airline" not your first class company, working for a budget airline yes we still take pride in our appearences (well try too) as the uniforms we all know arnt that great but this is a starting airline and is continuing to grow!! I do admitt the hours are long but we all cope and pull through right now we are in the middle of negotiating our EBA which means basically we negotiate with management what we want and how we want to be treated as employees!
Training is exhausting but thats like any training for any airline.
Yes we work hard and our turnarounds in every port are 30 minutes this includes us cleaning,disembarking and then re-boarding.
The pay is good also.

I would also like to add what you see on that AIRWAYS show is just a few days were in any airline there are delays, unruly passengers ext..
Once again they are contracted staff NOT TIGER and yes i agree some of the ground staff do not have great customer service skills but i certainly do not agree with Tiger cabin crew most of the crew are x Ansett and qantas, and v?? Some are x police so alot of the staff have way more experience than anyone, and have great customer service skills.
Remeber most of the ground staff are young and of course their building their skills and i think its great having to deal with some of the standard of passengers we get.... but what do you expect their cheap airfares.
It makes me so angry when people assume that tiger is crap due to the show and it is not our flights are practically full every day and the crew we have are fabulous and entertaining. Our pilots are great and have some of the best landings which ive been told many times some passengers have flown for 15 years and never had such an entertaining flight with a superb landing.

If you have any questions and want to ask a actual flight attendent that works for the airline please msg me!!!