PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Vic aero club warrior crash landing Moorabbin Airport
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 01:43
Car RAMROD

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Crankshaft failure on a 'virtually new' 'fully overhauled' engine *shouldn't* happen.
Interesting that there is no report on the ATSB site about TRVs prang. Do you have an explanation Sunfish?
Just wondering why this 'virtually new' critical component failed. Would like to read more.

Correct, there appears to be no report on the ATSBs website about KKWs landing in the golf course. On further inverstigation, it is contained in one of their weekly summaries on the 11th April 2007, however the description mentions that "the pilot reported engine failure".
It was a thread on this forum too at the time, and the last post about this incident points to a dodgy dipstick (so don't read into my 'insinuation' too much. I only found that out putting together this post.)

Never said anything was a 'common thread.' Maybe I should have changed my words to
"All within a few short years. . . Makes ME wonder a bit." ?????

Never said anything about what could have caused last night's prang as YOU "so rottenly try to insinuate".
And just to clarify, no, I'm not psychic.

I may not have the full story and facts behind every one of those accidents/incidents in my mind or at my fingertips and am happy to see information about them.
But tell me, is it not true that those 4 accidents/incidents I mentioned happened?

Havn't seen any photos but Sunny, you might have to wait a while to hire CGT whilst they take out the (possible) bends!