PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocontrol Testing and Interviews
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 00:06
laki84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I couldn't find the quote button so I just copy paste your post for easier reference
Hope it's not too late for help!

I would like to ask those of you who have already been thru phase 1.
Could you help me with theese:

1) At the ball on the wall test I was trying to imagine that if there are 4 screens (2 in the upper, 2 in the lower row) it must be really hard to give correct inputs as the numbers (1,2,3,4) are next to each other on the keyboard... Or is it possible to operate it with buttons that are in two rows (like for examp buttons R,T and FG on the keyboard)?
Yes, it is very hard to work with 4 screens at the same time, I put two fingers of one hand on 1 and 2 and two fingers of the other hand on 3 and 4, not the num pad but the numbers on top. A good thing is that 4 screen part doesn't last long. Not sureabout the letters.

2) In the Strip Management Display did it ever happen to you that you should have put more strips below one checkpoint than available space is so it got full not leaving any place to put new strips in?
No, you should always have enough space to put a new strip. If you run out of it like it happened to me that means you forgot to cancel one of the strips.

3) Is there any rule or tip how opposite conflict detection should be done? How can I recognize it???
It's a long and time consuming process. When I did the test we had 90 minutes to read all the instructions for the SDM test. In my case I haven't even looked for the opposites and passed the test and I am not alone. I know a few guys that are actually working as ATC on airport Tower that also haven't found or just haven't bothered looking for opposites and got the job at the end. Don't waste time. Do the updates, local conflicts and strip canceling. Concentrate particularly on the updates.

4) When am I allowed to remove a strip? When the system time passes by the time on the strip?
When the aircraft gets to the next checkpoint written on the strip. It's pain in the butt, but that's the way it should be done.

I know these questions seems stupid for those of you who are familiar with strip management, I didnt do anything like this before...

Thanx in advance!

Hope it helps! Take care!