PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need Help and Advice Please
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2010, 20:03
Clintonb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help and Advice Please

If anybody could help me out that would be great thanks.

ive been doing tons of research since august last year and would like to get my training going ASAP but yet you forking out a lot of money its always best to first get an idea of what schools are out there and what qualifications you need to get accepted into an airline. got friends who are pilots for airlines and they told me even to take the time know what the schools are about if they fully credited schools etc as theres a lot of schools out there that will promise you the world.

im a British citizen got zero hrs of flight training would like to become an airline pilot and was wondering by the professionals what is the best and quickest way, i know there might not be a quicker way but theres schools that you train for 2 years and others you train for 4 years. I've been looking into flight schools across Europe, America and Australia i tried a month ago to get into the flight school SFA in Brussels but missed the pass mark on the selection test to be accepted in the academy by one point sucks but owell no point crying over spilt milk. i can go back in 6 months and try again but id like to get started with training ASAP, no point on waiting around for one school when theres loads more out there just thing is you need to find the descent ones out there out of all the other thousands that you could be wasting your money on and get no where.

im somewhat pretty familiar with the industry in europe on what schools offer and what airlines are looking for im at the moment in the states and been in contact with some schools here and getting to know how it works here where you do minimal theory work but need to work on your flying hours and get 1000hrs before an airline here in the states will hire you compared to europe where a lot of schools do 750hrs of theory work and 250hrs of flight time and dont need to have a CFI rating and in the states they say you dont really need to have a frozen ATPL like in Europe, looking into australia its pretty similar with the states.

thing is im still just trying to figure things out properly and get the right facts.

so if anyone can tell me what qualifications you really need for an airline to accept you in the states and australia. i know some airlines ask different requirements like you need a 4 year college degree maybe need 1500 or 3500hrs etc but the important qualifications that one needs to be accepted. like i saw a school which had an air traffic control course part of the airline pilot training program so what does that help just more money to waste.

also ive heard here in the states that a lot of pilots once they graduate they go straight into the corporate jet businesses and flying private jets before they go into the airline industry is this true? i know in europe theres no chance you can go in the corporate industry instead you can go work for an airline as a FO in a 737,300 , as no insurance company will insure you or the corporate company with minimal hours flying a gulfstream or learjet etc unless you have connections like so much in life its not what you know but who you know.

plus does anyone know if they hiring pilots in Europe or is it still on hold?
are they hiring in America and Australia?

also does anyone know of any good schools that can get to where i want to be an airline pilot?. either in america, australia or europe. i know people tell me i have to ask myself where do i want to be based and flying really i dont care as long as im training in a great school and know im getting the best qualifications and i get to where i wanna be and flying.

these are the schools i been looking into in the states
https://www.deltaconnectionacademy.c...aditional.aspx
Become An Airline Pilot
ATP Flight School: Airline Career Pilot Program (From Zero Time — Includes Private)
Flight Training Department Home, Daytona Beach, Fla. campus Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University 4 year deal

and here is a school i looked into thats in Australia
About Airline Academy of Australia

Thanks for your time and really appreciate any help.

Take care