PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Apr 2010, 18:37
BentleyH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christmas lights, you are bang on there.
Whilst the crew are not expected to have IQ's comparable to Einstein, it has staggered me for years that they hoover up the drivel that comes out of BASSA HQ without challenge. I know it can be intimidating to attend meetings or get shot down on the forum, but there comes a point when each individual crew member has to assimilate the situation from themselves, listen to what both parties are saying and take a considered decision.

Sadly, they should have all done this before voting for a strike, having had a whole year to consider the issues carefully. Having failed to do it then, they have now made the situation a whole lot worse by only blinking at the eleventh hour. Yes, the whole BASSA organisation is a lost cause, but the crew community has to take some responsibility for going along with it's propaganda for so long.

For info, from an earlier post, WW isn't leaving. The CEO post in Top Co is just his new position as CEO of the combined BA/Iberia group.

As for their latest diatribe, what a pathetic statement about nothing. It's absolutely clear they have lost control of the issue because they are waiting to see what Willie does next (which will be absolutely nothing apart from re-state his current position that the last offer is still available, but that ST will never be re-instated for strikers). If they were in control and confident they were making progress, they'd be on the front foot announcing more strike dates from the 14th onwards. I'm convinced that the hotheads are keen to announce more strikes and they are being blocked by Woodley who is desperate to try and negotiate without any new strike dates being announced. How long he can hold back the militants will be interesting to see.