PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near midair over SFO
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2010, 18:31
protectthehornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
look, the USA isn't the UK. Perhaps that is why so many europeans come to the USA to learn how to fly.

It would have been fine if the crew elected to not takeoff and to wait, if the information had been presented to them.

And you aren't allowed to deviate from a SID? So, if there was a thunderstorm on the SID and it was clear to the south, you wouldn't ask for a deviation? That's fine. motor on.

Chances are, no one was at the top of their game. The 777 crew was probably already in ''fat, dumb and happy'' mode and not ready to maneuver right after takeoff.

the controller probably had other things on his mind, and if the GA (until we know better what type, that is what I will refer to the little plane as) responded with something to the effect of they would maintain visual seperation, then that was enough for him.

I dare say that if a flap exceedence happened, the captain is making a big deal about trying to place the blame elsewhere.

Now, I don't know about you guys, but my TCAS works fine on the ground when properly selected. I would have glanced at it and if there was a target, I would have briefed the crew to keep an eye out...indeed the augmented crew, in the jumpseats, would have been instructed to look for the traffic. I do recall that united opted for the cheapest TCAS available and it might not be quite as good as mine.

And dear worrier about wake turbulence...if the little plane was above the big plane, that shouldn't have been a problem.

P51 guy...will you try to explain it to these aviators????????????