PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2010, 16:00
Aloue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, there is not much point arguing with a moderator.

However, I thought it was "News" - which is supposedly a bit better than Rumour. Hence the "News and Rumour" thread was chosen.

It is indeed important news. I should therefore lay out why I think that this is a backwater for placing such an item and why it is wrong to remove it from a prominent - and, in my opinion, a singularly appropriate - thread.

It is relevant because the serious bit of this is that the Chief Executive of a major European airline has been found to have "mislead [a] Court". This is judicial language for telling a lie, which is what some of the newspaper headlines have called it.

This particular airline now has several executives, not to mention the Chief Executive, who have been similarly criticised. In most companies such executives would receive some attention, including from the Board. In most companies such a Chief Executive would not last and would now be "considering his position".

But I doubt than nobody think that this particular Chief Executive will be doing any such thing, especially as he has tolerated similar findings for those who work for him. The Board will do what the Board of this company always does. All of this makes it important, factual, news.

This particular Chief Executive is controversial, and has been for some time. There have been court cases involving professional pilots as well and issues relating to fatigue, incidents, etc, etc. and suggestions that the hand of this Chief Executive is very much "on the helm".

All of this is, in my humble opinion, highly relevant to Bulletin Board calling itself the "Professional Pilots Rumour Network"

The bonus was that this piece gets both the drama and significance of the court events in one rather amusing article.

That is why I posted it and that is why I consider(ed) it relevant for the thread I originally chose.

Finally, the letter of apology has just appeared elsewhere on the web. Where might one post that? Here for the airport watchers ....? (Not that I am going to. I'm giving up).

That said, I have to admire the sophistry of the justification offered and congratulate our moderator:
It's about an airline (Ryanair), and an airport (Dublin).