PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 All flaps up landing -a question on airmanship
Old 1st Apr 2010, 13:39
Tee Emm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If by "blow-out" you mean the blowing of tyre fuse plugs by the spread of heat from the brakes, that would happen some minutes after landing, and not during the landing roll
Thank you for that information. Believe it or not I was quite aware of that. Fortunately an all flaps up landing on a limiting runway length is an extremely rare event and most pilots would never hear about such an event unless it happened within their own sphere of operations.

While the autobraking system is certified to cope with high speed aborts within normal weight range I wonder how many high speed aborts also result in a blown tyres somewhere during the RTO braking? Answer - I don't know because figures are hard to find or are not specifically recorded for all to study. But, if in fact tyres have been known to fail during a high speed RTO, then I suggest they could also risk failing at the extremely high touch down speeds associated with an all flaps up landing. I can produce no hard facts in this discussion nor did I pretend to know any. The subject was meant to promote discussion from which I could learn something from the highly experienced people that frequent Tech Log.