PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Apr 2010, 12:35
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b) Why MTP set at 2008/9 rates? Have you considered that this might actually be a good thing? If you were going to pick a year as a datum for the amount of box payments etc, given the fairly flat inflation recently, why not pick a year with a decent amount of flying done, rather than 09/10 with a reduced programme
Flex - we are arguing the same point here.
MTP was originally offered, about a year ago now, at 2008/9 levels. It was a fair offer and many of us tried to secure it. But BF wouldn't budge on it without BASSA approval, even though at one point it was offered to those who wanted it; others could have retained the allowances.

Now it has changed, and is being offered at current rates to everyone. This is a huge loss to our community and it is disgraceful that the Union have done this.

As Fly12345 so rightly said:

We cannot go on like this, we don t need a temporary solution but a long lasting one if we are going to survive and prosper.
The biggest travesty of all will be that crew "accept this offer as reasonable" simply because they can't bear the current situation, BASSA come back into the building and things pick up where they left off. The merry-go-round continues, and all of us be they non-striking crew, Ground staff, pilots, engineers, managers, and everyone else who has pulled out all the stops over the last 2 weeks will have been slapped in the face.

I am not being greedy or think we deserve special treatment. I just don't think any of us deserve BASSA back in BA anymore; this offer allows them to walk back in. We should all be praying they don't accept it.

This is my own viewpoint and not that of BA.