PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Apr 2010, 11:54
Rover90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An anecdotal example

etsd0001. Many thanks for supporting our perception of what actually happens when new contracts are issued.

New crew levels imposed in November 2009 have not been a problem in the slightest for me and I am really surprised at just how much it saves (c£60m pa) for such a small change. Only downside is that the rest of the Pursers/Main Crew have to sort out their own problems during the service but one BA team building course in the distant past did say "You own the problem". In all seriousness, I can still do resets etc but not immediately so no change really. The re-instatement of 184 CSD's is absolute madness given what we will have to concede to achieve this.

Looking at the other options open to Mr Walsh, if you need confirmation as to what happens after 12 weeks, then take a look at the Leeds Refuse Collectors, many similarities, who were locked in a bitter dispute with the council but settled their dispute after just over 11 weeks because their action was at the end of the road (pardon the pun)

Rubbish and industrial relations moulder amid Leeds bin strike | Politics | The Guardian

Last edited by Rover90; 1st Apr 2010 at 12:50.