PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Apr 2010, 11:01
etsd0001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A 4 year pay deal at only RoI is a long time to just keep up with price increases.
There are some airlines where the staff will not get ANY pay rise until their company is back in profit.

In my group we are negoting a pay deal for our increased responsibilties after a reorganisation after a round of redundancies and in order to get it accepted, we have said we'll have the rise when the company is back in profit

The whole of my airline appreciates the current airline climate and prefer to look long and be sure of a job in 5 yrs time.

I am a BA hater after it took over my company 20+ years ago and initially was pleased to see a strike at BA but after reading every page of this thread and the previous one I am on the side of BA and have to say the striking CC have lost touch with the real world.

For me the most telling thing about this whole saga is that despite many requests on this thread, not one striker has said what precisly they are on strike for and what they will accept as a settlement

Last edited by etsd0001; 1st Apr 2010 at 11:13. Reason: Added last para