PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2010, 10:01
ivor toolbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it is fustration. Most posters on this thread want to see their local airport, CWL, develope . Most of the good news re. new routes from the south west segment of the UK seem to be going to BRS. From purely an ecconomic and geographical point of view, BRS is the largest population centre and has the largest catchment area. It is also at the crossroads of two main motorways and the London to the west and south Wales rail line and the line from the midlands to the south west. As a keen supporter of CWL it pains me to say this but if I were an airline looking to open new routes from the south west of the UK, BRS is the obvious choice.
top post,well put; Cardiff wasdeveloped, that is until the successive management started treating the airlines as 'cash cows', for example after 9/11 when airline traffic was in the doldrums what did they do..put prices up by @ 300% (and that was on top of the 'security levy'), while in 2003 prices for office rental per sq/ft went up by 1000% (I still have the budget for our line station for that year stashed in the loft)

As I've said before the mis-management at Cardiff have got themselves into this situation,only they can get themselves out of it,the airlines and GA operators won't.

ttfn