PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Apr 2010, 09:50
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clarified - Morning - yes absolutely agree - there's still some mileage left in this yet, so who knows what turns it will take.

Flap62/Wheezyjet

I think you misunderstand me - this is not just about "the offer" - it is about crew recognising what BASSA have done. And I am not sure that they will.

I am not asking for "special treatment". I do not blame BA at all - it is clearly BASSA who have done this to us. Many of us saw it coming, and we have tried, in various ways to speak out about what they are doing to us. We have been stifled at every turn - you only have to look at the appalling Youtube Arora video, the story of Crewhusband's wife, etc. to see what we are up against. We have worked under this oppression for years. Someone I flew with on a strike day was shouted at ("S***) in the car park by an arrival crew. Commuters on EF flights have been snubbing the operating crew. The police had to man the car park due to the motorbike incident. So please don't underestimate what we have had to go through simply "to do our jobs" as you put it.

I am not "moaning" about the paydeal. I fully understand the need to only have a paydeal of RPI (my mistake, apologies). But to have it for 4 years is a long time - who knows what the situation will be like in 4 years time.

I am saying to cabin crew who, as Clarified said, think that this deal is reasonable is: it is not. There have been far better deals on the table, that have been turned down on our behalf, without our consultation by BASSA.

Our community, as happened in the last "almost strike" have been sold the river. We are on the verge of having to accept this deal (and as I stated earlier I understand why) BECAUSE OF BASSA'S STUPIDITY. Then what? They all come back to work and we go round the same merrygoround again?

Yes, we will more than likely have to accept this deal, but it is still grossly unfair that BASSA's misrepresentation has caused this. I do not want BASSA to be able to misrepresent us in this way again. If crew do not wake up and realise that this deal is very poor compared to previous deals, then there is no hope for us ever getting off this merry-go-round.

Quite frankly, if BASSA come back in the building, and are allowed to continue in the future, I will leave BA. Many of my friends feel the same. There is no reason for hard-working, dedicated employees to have to put up with this Sh*t any longer.

I am BA cabin crew and this is my viewpoint and not that of BA.