PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Apr 2010, 08:52
Flap62

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HiFlyer,

I'm truely sorry but I think you've lost the plot now. Please don't show what I feel is a base CC character trait - "what's in it for me"

What's in it for us all is still having a job in 5 years time. This is a round of cuts designed to reduce costs and allow the airline to survive. Why does there have to be anything in it for you?
All departments have taken pain and I don't hear them bleating about it. As flight crew we took a fairly significant hit and even if all the many boxes are ticked I will get shares worth about 10% of what I have given. You know what's in it for me - survival!
You moan about only getting paydeals for 4 years at RoI (think it is actually RPI). Why do you deserve rises above inflation when times are still tough?
Yes, you worked during the strike - you know what, so did thousands of others-it's called doing your job. Yes it was difficult and took bravery but so did many things others have done.
You cheapen yourself by asking for special treatment for coming to work. You should simply get on with it and expect those who have damaged the company to receive "special" treatment.