PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P2F Cancer of Aviation (merged)/ petitions.
Old 1st Apr 2010, 08:20
Global Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning,

I have copied and pasted from an advertiser on this web site.

JAA B737 NG Type Rating Course including Aircraft Base Training and VAT

Airline Operator Conversion Course

300 Hours of Actual B737 NG First Officer Experience during Airline Passenger Operations

from €28,000 EUR / £24,800 GBP

JAA A320 Type Rating Course including Aircraft Base Training and VAT

300 Hours of Actual A320 First Officer Experience during Airline Passenger Operations

from €46,100 EUR / £40,800 GBP

JAA B737 NG type rating course including aircraft base training and VAT

500 Hours of Actual B737 NG First Officer Experience during Airline Passenger Operations

from €32,500 EUR / £28,800 GBP

JAA A320 NG Type Rating Course including Aircraft Base Training and VAT

500 Hours of Actual A320 First Officer Experience during Airline Passenger Operations

from €55,800 EUR / £49,400 GBP
This looks a lot like a P2F scheme to me.

A Type Rating can be done at a TRTO and following base training, usually 3-6 take offs and landings in the aircraft, the Type can then be added to the licence.

I believe its schemes such as the one above that is being referred to as "the cancer of aviation"

NSF is 100% correct with

The only answer is to stick together and fight it out.
And i think that was what this thread was originally about. The question is what is the best way to stick together and fight it out?

It is also worth saying that the fact that one of you had a duff day with a 200 hour p2f pilot is hardly a scientific examination of the scheme's success
Whilst i concur 100% again, my personal feeling is that even 1 incident is 1 too many and if the passengers on that aircraft had had a choice, they may just have exercised their democratic right to either off load themselves or protest. And that is why my feeling is that we HAVE to look at this from an erosion of safety issue because once the press get hold of it, they will probably ask BALPA for their comments and unless BALPA wishes to marginalise itself even more, they will have to come out with an unfavourable comment.

NSF would you be kind enough to educate me as to how your employers scheme is different to the one that is being advertised above because if im going to lend my weight to this cause, its because i want to eradicate the industry of people paying to sit in the RHS of a commercial aircraft during commercial operations whilst receiving "training" in order to fill their log books with time on type.

GW