PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAFAT Future?
Thread: RAFAT Future?
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2010, 08:20
talk_shy_tall_knight

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The B word

Thankfully your rant is over. It always helps to put things into context.

Thanks also for your lesson on what the Household do in theatre. Actually, like yourself I have also "been to the odd PB and FOB in AFG " and am in the business of moving the "Geezers in Black Furry Hats" around the place, while they're there. I'm not going to get into the whole business of pointing out that the Reds crews and support staff have invariably previously been to theatre, I assume that's common knowledge. Neither am I going to cut and paste any kind of list by way of a pissing match. That frankly would be just wrong.

If we can return to the context of my post. In response to the comment "Hardly surprising that the Brown Jobs have such a derogatory view of the Light Blue is it?" which itself was in respect of the fact that while we appear to be making cutbacks in front-line capability, we still maintain some 'ceremonial' assets, I was merely trying to point out that we are not the only ones. As regards the actual figures in £ notes that each service spends, frankly I haven’t a clue. Jets are not cheap, neither are hundreds of bloody great horses and thousands of elaborate uniforms and drums and not least the Real estate in Central London to keep them all in. Then there's the argument against how much income each brings in, does it offset the cost? blah blah.

It's an argument that has been done many times before and is pretty pointless anyway.

Finally

"talk_shy_tall_knight (or should that be talk_shy_tall_the_time? )"

No you see I've already done the joke in the username, you've effectively just done the same joke.