PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Apr 2010, 08:16
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They may not be militants, but 6000 would have voted for action. That is not a number that you can just ignore.
WW has ignored it, and won. They are all going in to work. Those that aren't, soon will be. Game over. As we have always said on this thread, it isn't about the Yes voters, it's about those that actually strike. And they proved to be only 700+ people on the first weekend, less on the second presumably.

As we also predicted on this thread, the offers were always going to get worse and worse and the worry was we all get tarred with the same brush. That has now happened, and we are sat here on the edge of the cliff.

Clarified, I'm I afraid have to disagree with you. That offer is not reasonable - at least not to those of us who have come to work. Why shouldn't we have the 3% bonus that was offered previously, or the MTP set at 2008/9 rates? A 4 year pay deal at only RoI is a long time to just keep up with price increases.

I understand why WW has done it. But it is very unfair to those of us who have shown our loyalty. Because if it is offered to all, with no dispensation shown to those who crossed the picket line and stood up to the Union, BA are at risk of alienating the most dedicated crew that they have. BA now have a choice: Let the strikers rot out there on strike, after all we're managing quite well without them; or bring them back in, on this offer, and alienate the dedicated, hardworking crew amongst us.

I am BA cabin crew and this is my own viewpoint, and not that of BA.