PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad cadet pilot programme last test
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2010, 01:29
FlyingRubber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any upcoming assessments planned soon?

Hi there,

This thread has been pretty quiet for quite a long time. Word has it that there isn't any assessments planned this year because of the current economic uncertainty. However, does anyone here have any idea when Etihad will resume holding their assessments?

Anyway, for the guys who have been selected from the previous assessments in 2009, have you guys started training or still in holding pool? Pretty much hoping that there will be an interim assessment to fill up the holding pool positions left open by those who have decided to pull out but I don't think that's gonna happen!

Was wondering too, what are the nationalities of the guys who got selected? I remembered reading an article on the first expatriate batch and they were an eclectic bunch! With Romanians and Brazilians even if I'm not mistaken! I was expecting more Aussies or Brits because of the strong aviation heritage in these countries.

Well, I guess I should conclude before I get too long-winded. Reading about aspirants who take huge debts to pay2fly and even one guy who roughed it out in Africa to get a flying job, a place in this cadet programme is like getting Solomon's treasure itself. So I'm really hoping the assessments kickstart again so other wannabes like myself who can't pay for our own training will get a chance to fly for one of the world's leading airlines!