PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air: Qatar/Oman refuse new funds & New CEO
Old 15th Jul 2002, 04:06
Icarus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logic??!

it is not the schedule as much as using the crew inefficiently
Well I guess the flight and cabin crew just decide when they want to work then do they! Or do they follow are rather inefficient (and therefore very costly) schedule?!

Award from Airbus, big deal. For what, the highest cycled A340's in the world 'cos they do 20,30 and 40 minute sectors. Great planning, wonderful efficiencies. Wonder what the maintenance costs are compared to other carriers! No wonder no-one wants them!

GP76 - Human Factor, since whan has GF been that bothered? I feel for you guys some time, really, I've seen some of you coming back off flights and walking into HDQ looking like death warmed up especially on the 76!

I think the problem in crewing is well known, but nothing is going to happen, as usual.
Not the answer you are looking for, sorry. I don't even think the new systems will make that much of an improvement either.

Until the schedule is one that is efficient then nothing will change. GF keep masking it under phrases like 'fluid or unstable markets'. That's BS as far as I am concerned, GF creates it's own instability by chasing every thing in the market and usually winning by under cutting with no regard to cost of sale or cost of operation.
Until that philosophy has gone I can't see any black ink on the balance sheet for a long time to come yet!