PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P2F Cancer of Aviation (merged)/ petitions.
Old 31st Mar 2010, 22:38
Dreamshiner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right so from reading this thread and the Curd one I think its safe to say that we all universally hate this.

From LTC's who feel exasperated at the constant stream based on bank balance and not always ability,

to time served captains who look back at those starting and see the crap, hoops and costs associated compared to how they got into the business,

to senior first officers who may be thinking that the erosion of T&C's means they are likely not get the same contracts their predecessors did,

to junior F/O's concerned that they be next out the door to allow P2F'ers in,

to unemployed pilots looking to get the first foot on the ladder giving these schemes serious thought,

and to those starting out on this careers to be pilots who may have to add another £35k to the £40k-80k for their initial training due to current precedents being set.

We all hate this, both BALPA and the IPA are aware of the strength of feeling and should feel free to act without a petition from any one of us or an action group forming. Based on the criticism voiced on here and 99% thinking it stinks, the unions running with this could really gain them some serious kudos. They should also look at picking their advertisers more carefully.

I see this argument has moved to covering the safety aspects when it initially seemed to highlight the T&C's and their perceived erosion over time. I know the press will react better to safety than a group that is perceived by the majority of the general public as already well paid and lead a glamorous lifestyle.

The letter is definitely a start however it has to be armed with cast-iron facts and a compelling argument. At present it needs some tweeking, but its mostly there.

Global Warrior ...... excellent post.