PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2010, 17:18
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oggers
I heard today from a non-CC BA worker that all her department are proper angry at Unite’s plan to raise an extra £700 000 to support the striking cabin crew. They are all quitting the union forthwith. Similar sentiments are being expressed by Unite members working at Air France-KLM (I was surprised they had members there but I’m told they do) who don’t care to pay so that BA CC can continue to enjoy the best pay and conditions in the industry.

She also corroborated BA’s figures for passengers flown, having been hard at work putting bums on seats during every one of the strike days so far.
Before it gets distorted by the ill informed on here....There is no levy on members by the Union. This has been misreported |(Surprise) Branches receive a remit of income to run the Branches. , two per cent of the income for one quarter (a figure which equates to roughly £700,000) which would normally be remitted to the branches for their own use will now be used to support those suffering hardship during the strike.
The members of Unite do not have to pay an extra penny as a result of this decision.
What it does mean is that those former T&G branches which normally get ten per cent of their income remitted, for example, will, for the next quarter, receive eight per cent instead. In the case of former Amicus branches the two per cent will be taken out of those funds held centrally from which branches may apply for support under existing procedures.

Now continue to carp, but at least do it in an informed environment..