PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 31st Mar 2010, 12:12
Get Smart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The minority are causing the most damage

Eddy I think you're right not to go down to BFC or picket. I agree with you that most crew there seem to be able to behave with dignity, however, upon viewing a few clips off youtube, there must have been more than 100 crew involved in the demo outside Arora (again a minority probably compared to those at BCF), plus those on the picket line loudly singing 'I'd rather be a picket than a ****).

These are the images that are being shown around the UK/world and are nothing but hugely brand damaging. I doubt anyone could argue otherwise. Why don't these ill informed crew who have now acted illegally understand that they are only shooting themselves in the foot?

I do not believe for one miniute that the British public approve of this type of behaviour, so support for them will diminish rapidly - in fact I think it already has. A lot of those on strike, including yourself do not endourse this kind of behaviour.

The sad thing here is that I have seen:
  • Many of my friends now doing very silly things - serously jeopardizing their careers. E.g Arora demo.
  • I have read the bassa forum and crew there are shocked that their pays have been deducted this month. They don't seem to understand that it's their basic that's been deducted this month, flight pay next month.
  • Crew that are convinced that ST will be returned and that this is illegal for it be be withdrawn.
[LIST][*]Crew posting dangerous things (dreadful, shocking, nasty things) on the forums that BA no doubt have access to or can get access if they wish.

My point is that I think a lot of naive crew have been swept up the the emotion of the entire despite and beleive that no matter what happens. Bassa will take care of them.

I dont think many of them have really thought this through and someone hit the nail on the head many threads back by stating that over the years, Bassa have trained the crew to believe that everything BA says is a lie (I know their not saints but not everything they say is a lie), therefore, they don't read their ESS and because of that, they are only finding out now, the consequences of their actions all too late. Its sad to see so many good, hard working crew go down this route.

Its also very sad that long friendships have gone down the drain over something like this. I have lost a very good friend who refuses to speak to me ever again, because I chose to go to work. Its just mad!!