PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P2F Cancer of Aviation (merged)/ petitions.
Old 31st Mar 2010, 09:08
Wingswinger

Location: Hampshire physically; Perthshire and Pembrokeshire mentally.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GW,

If Easyjet has such a bloody wonderful training department.......... why dont they stick to training full time employees? If you sir are training these wannabees with a fat wallet or a credit rating...... you are directy contributing to this cancer. Maybe when they have 120 hours they can go somewhere, get a 320TRE rating and come back and replace you for minimum wage!!!!!
Because, my friend, it does what it is told to do by the board of directors. If any training manager or training captain refused to do the work he/she would be out of a job. There are plenty of potential replacements. You wish us to make that sacrifice? Don't be silly.

I am not directly contributing to the cancer and I resent your remark. I deplore it but I am powerless to stop it as is everyone in the industry apart from the directors and the regulators.

I think you will find a BMI Pilot on the other thread about this said words to the effect that a full time employee has the right to a day off OR he may turn up, ride the jump seat and be paid his allowances for the day
I did read it. It is not the same as requiring a safety pilot to be on the flight deck. No-one has the right to absent themselves from a rostered safety pilot duty unless released by the TC concerned or replaced by the company. Without a safety pilot (if one is required) the flight cannot take place. I would have thought you would have understood that.

Last edited by Wingswinger; 31st Mar 2010 at 09:13. Reason: spelling