PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P2F Cancer of Aviation (merged)/ petitions.
Old 31st Mar 2010, 08:42
Global Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With regards to the letter, the first 2 lines, although pertinent, do make this sound like whinge.

I think the very first lines should shout about lack of safety and the increased danger the travelling public are exposed to by any airline operating these schemes............The papers will pick up on that for sure.

As i stated on the other thread, theres a statistic that i think came out of the current log magazine and it goes something like

The Regionals in the USA are responsible for 75% of the flying and 100% of the fatal accidents in the USA last year.

Now, due to the mountain of debt that some pilots have incurred, they are having to work 2 jobs..... obviously safety standards are being eroded due to the lack of experience of the people in the flight deck.

Whilst wanting to write a letter to the above mentioned is a great idea and i think we should send it to the press, regularly and often........

i think we should all boycott those airlines that we know participate in the scheme. After all, what is the point of conducting a media campaign if your argument then collapses in a pile of s**t by paying good money to travel on the airlines you are deriding.

If you are not prepared to do this, there is no point in even beginning to bang on about it. I would much prefer to pay £250 to go to Paris (for example) on BA than £50 on an airline that is an extension of a second rate training organisation!!!!!!

Last edited by Global Warrior; 31st Mar 2010 at 09:02.