PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 31st Mar 2010, 06:55
peterlike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I were Mr Walsh I would look at putting a slightly modified offer on the table and get this thing wrapped up. Even if the contingency plan is work there are still 24% of people not flying and another not getting the service they paid for. Customers are sucking it up for the moment (Dunkirk spirit) but that won't last long if there are another round of strikes. Would you book a ticket for mid April?
It looks like BASSA needs to save face now and find a way out of this, its that or go down fighting (which means more casualties on both sides)
Walsh can play the bigger man on the pretext that this is unfair to the passengers. Maybe Gordon Brown will demand it (Publicly!). Damn if I was leader I would be knocking their heads together and showing whos boss, Privatised or not, BA flies the flag - nuff said! It would be good for BA and even better for the customers (remember them - the ones that REALLY pay our wages). Whatever the outcome I think BASSA will be finished after this. Willie, do you really need to kick a man while he's down?