PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - more ground service incompetence
Old 31st Mar 2010, 00:50
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
As it happens, in my job, I am expected to get it right every time. If I might a big mistake - people will remember it for the rest of their lives.

On Monday, I mispronounced a name - that's all - it caused a stir amongst those most closely involved such that I stopped to check what it was that I had done wrong, and then corrected myself. Afterwards, I apologised again. Then my client pointed out one other word that I got wrong, it was part of the address of a house and I made a small mistake in the name of the road ('Gardens' instead of 'Cottages'). But I got it wrong and I apologised. He was not upset and was pleased overall with the work I did for them - but needed to point it out to me.

What if a surgeon gets it wrong a few times??? What if your dentist slips and digs out a chunk of your gum? Some jobs have to be right and we might as well all aim at getting it right first time. I don't - but I aim to - because just like in Hollywood, you're only as good as your last picture/flight.