PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Arann
Thread: Aer Arann
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2010, 21:36
bananamanuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello papa2charlie and jijpc I agree entirely with both points. EI-BYO is a retrograde step in the sense that clearly it's an older model aircraft ( I flew that STN-GWY under FR many years ago)

However from a commerical point of view RE have to put the right sized planes where traffic supports as papa2charlie says. One of the things about RE's structure is that is seems pretty flexible when it comes to fleet utilisation and that has to be an advantage.

My view is that IOM-LCY has to be a flagship route. It gets good reports from IOM airport reports re loads, but as everyone knows yields are what counts so that aside, just being in the core hub of London commerce, must be something that attracts attention. Don't get me wrong, RE is great as a regional airline serving Galway, Sligo, Donegal, Waterford etc. but to suppplement the more recognition in the larger conurbations, the more likely to increase travel on other routes as the carrier becomes more widely recognised..

in short, a quality service offering - from staff to aircraft type, condition are important. RE have punched above their weight for a good while, i hope they continue to.

Another site reports they are leasing a SAAB340 from Loganair - could that be while other fleet is serviced and repainted?