PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Attack On A Police Helicopter
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2010, 21:28
-272.15 degrees Cels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember a private B206 taking an airgun pellet through the front screen in Cheshire 2004, shot by a scrote! Very expensive repair!
The aircraft could have been in the hangar within 1 minute but was left outside with the obvious thinking, "why would anyone do such a thing?".
Why are we leaving these VERY expensive police machines outside at all??
If the weather is absolute pants then they don,t fly so don,t try give me about it might be your wife or daughter involved in an incident and every second counts because we always launch!!.
Just because its snowing, raining or blowing a gale should have no effect if you put it in the hangar or not. Just because its not a nice thing for the ground staff to do.
So, we lose a couple of car chases? Yeah yeah yeah, here comes the argument that the perp might go on to kill an innocent civilian.
Happens every day regardless, its life (or death?)
To me its such a ** off. Security jobs in this country pay peanuts. I am 100% sure that you could pay for a team of security men to watch over these machines for far less money a year than the repairs cost.
Get your arses into gear and start protecting these valuable machines.
It will not be long with the way some are going with their security before its NOT damage but sabatage that will be involved.
God help many more of us if that happens. Pitch links loose?
Get off the high horses and start doing something positive here. A drunk gets in an air ambulance and then a police machine.
Please don,t take the belief that I am offering the scrotes a way of doing more damage here. They are quite aware of the ways to bring down a helicopter. The only way to stop them is a bigger fence, bigger security ba$tards or a faster tug-a-lug with a big umbrella for the sensitive ground handlers.
Heaven help us!