PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anybody want to buy some Trevor Thom Books?
Old 14th Jul 2002, 21:09
tacpot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE: Question 4) "If a PPL had an Instructors Rating and owned a FTO where does this leave the ruling about not being able to derive any monetary benefit from the Rating? "

Without a CPL you cannot be paid for your flying. As FTO owner you can be paid a reasonable sum (i.e. costs plus an element of profit) for the hire of your aircraft, and for the flying of other instructors who hold a CPL and work for you (but not for any instructors who do not hold a CPL including yourself).

There is actually nothing about the Instructors rating that says you cannot derive monitary benefit from the license, and nothing that says you can. It is more the case that only the CPL allows you to be paid (or receive monetary benefit, if you like) for your flying. A PPL + FI(A) cannot be paid for their flying.

If you try to answer question 5) yourself, please invite me along - this I gotta see

And congrats on getting all the Exams out the way. I still have nightmares about the RT oral and I did mine 20 years ago!

Best wishes for the Skill Test.

Last edited by tacpot; 14th Jul 2002 at 21:13.