PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Computer Flight Simulations for Training
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2001, 10:28
Polar_stereographic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny, as I've been asking the same question of late in another forum.

The Elite is by all accounts the dogs nuts, and is claimed to save you more on the twin than it costs. It's realy pricey too at something around the 500 pounds mark.

Personaly, I already have FS2000, so to me it's free. I'd never done much more than the basics, but of late have.

I've downloaded a Duchess as that's what I'll be using. Biggest fault is the power leavers manifold goes up to 50 inches, clearly from a turbo a/c. But ignoring that, the speeds are OK.

I've programed in a load of starting points around BMH (so I can quickly get to what I'm after practicing). The best feature to use is the MAP View, that does also show (usualy embarasingly) ones route, but unfortunately not verticaly.

It is a lot harder to fly than the real thing, is very programable in terms of weather (clouds, best to have 8/8, base just above DH, and the wind's great to play with), and I have found it a real help to get into the procedures and getting the scan together. The fact that it's harder than for real is a bonus.

The other thng that I need is a decent yoke. Any tips?

There you have it, my 2d's worth.

PS