PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2010, 18:46
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just an observer:

I found BASSA's treatment of Gatwick crew in that episode to be absolutely appalling.

Miamimike just made a post on the cabin crew thread that is amazing in its sense of entitlement:

I have to say the pay/contractual/one crew member off situation has become a secondary issue.I stated yesterday my concerns regarding the aftermath,my primary concern.I was ridiculed by various FD and some of my posts removed.By merely suggesting the obvious ie very difficult times ahead re FD/CC relations I was politely advised to get another job/be offloaded.
As a long serving member of CC I have always held the nigels in high regard.Their action has exasperated an already highly charged divide re CC/WW.Im afraid its pure folly to say that everyone should act professionally and rise above it.Many will but many wont.Sadly Im a veteran of strikes,I know all about the aftermath.
As for the secondary aspect,WW needs to swallow his pride and put the pre-strike offer back.ST has to be re-instated,failing this customers will walk.This will be relatively simple compared to the primary problem.
First: If and when the strikers return they will have to accept that they are in the minority. Period.

Secondly: BA has shown, rather consistently of late, that they will no longer tolerate the bullying and abuse that has gone on in the past. BASSA will not be in a position to run BA.

Yes, it is enough to expect returning crew to act professionally. That's their job.

Finally...to think that the public will stay away if the strikers do not have their Staff Travel returned is simply a disconnect from reality. Read any newspaper, read forums, read comment sections...the public DO NOT support the strikers. In fact, the public would feel much more secure if these strikers were not a part of BA. Most have seen the photos, the videos, they know what many of these people are made of..and it's not pretty.

We'll see what comes out of negotiations these next few weeks but the public is hoping for a diminished role by BASSA.