PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 30th Mar 2010, 18:18
miamimike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
WW took the penalty shot-missed,Pilots scored 1 own goal,Cabin Crew defended well,so now going into extra time.(great refereeing by Louisa Baldini)!!.Bet it goes to a penalty shoot out.
I am fearful that in the not-too-distant future, the cabin crew will realise that it is actually they who have scored a massive own goal. Miamimike, what do you see as a satisfactory and realistic outcome in all of this?
I have to say the pay/contractual/one crew member off situation has become a secondary issue.I stated yesterday my concerns regarding the aftermath,my primary concern.I was ridiculed by various FD and some of my posts removed.By merely suggesting the obvious ie very difficult times ahead re FD/CC relations I was politely advised to get another job/be offloaded.
As a long serving member of CC I have always held the nigels in high regard.Their action has exasperated an already highly charged divide re CC/WW.Im afraid its pure folly to say that everyone should act professionally and rise above it.Many will but many wont.Sadly Im a veteran of strikes,I know all about the aftermath.
As for the secondary aspect,WW needs to swallow his pride and put the pre-strike offer back.ST has to be re-instated,failing this customers will walk.This will be relatively simple compared to the primary problem.