PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 30th Mar 2010, 16:07
Wobbler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eddy,

Simply the attitude that it's acceptable for a company to operate during a strike without negotiation or hope of reacing a deal.
What? You expected the company to roll over and surrender because one part of it has decided to go on strike? Of course they are going to do their utmost to minimise the impact of the strike and get the life blood of the company - our passengers - to where they want to go. I think it is perfectly acceptable for the company to operate. If I recall correctly it was BASSA that announced strike dates after the offer of three weeks ago - choosing not to ask its members, and thereby invalidating that offer. The contingency plans then swung into action costing BA millions and so the final offer was extended. The way things have gone, I am sure most crew would now happily accept that one. I see that today Willie has put that offer forward again and asked Unite to ballot crew on it - but guess what - Tony Woodley is still not prepared to let crew decide!!!