PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Sponsored A320 Type Rating & Line Training - J Curd
Old 30th Mar 2010, 14:50
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A view from a different perspective,Untill recently I owned a few aviation companies, not once did I make potential pilots pay for their training, I did however ask for a hand shake comitment of two years productive work before they moved on to further glory, was I ever let down on this? you bet! but you know what, the pilots who pulled this kind of stunt were always the below average ones and I wasnt too sorry to see most of them go. their future employers who thought they were getting a type rated "bargain" soon found out that you cant judge a book by its cover. I now see that these wretched Pay To Type Rate/Pay To Fly scams are coming to North America, untill those of you entering the industry put a stop to this crap your pay scales/status/working conditions will keep going down the crapper, I for one cant figure how your much vaunted EU workers rights leglislation let this go on, maybe mandating the size of a cucumber is more important! Tomorow I will fly our last remaining aircraft, in private certification for a private company, my F/O will make more in a week than most of you make in a month, and I paid for her training! Thenk God I retired from the heavy metal when I did!